Join Our Team
A Place To Be is now accepting applications! Take a look at our current employment opportunities below. If you are looking to volunteer or apply for our internship program, follow the links below.
Full-Time Pediatric Medical Music Therapist
A Place To Be (APTB), is a nationally recognized and award-winning non-profit music therapy organization working with people who have physical, medical, intellectual, developmental, and mental health challenges. APTB is also the sole provider of Medical Music Therapy for the Inova Hospital Health System throughout northern Virginia.
APTB currently seeks full-time, Board-Certified Music Therapist to join our medical music therapy team, with a focus on pediatrics/NICU providing music therapy for patients at Inova Children’s Hospital in Fairfax, VA. General work hours are Monday-Friday 10am – 6pm with some additional evening and weekend work as required. This salaried position includes a benefit package including health, life, retirement, family leave and paid vacation.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Masters level including equivalencies in music therapy from an accredited degree program. NICU certification preferred
- Current Board Certification (MT-BC) in good standing
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience working in a pediatric hospital setting
- Experience working in pediatric oncology, PICU, medical, behavioral health, bereavement and NICU
- Ability to comply with the rules and regulations (HIPAA) observed at A Place To Be and the contract site; complete notes and documentation in a timely manner
- Work is based in Northern Virginia/Washington DC metro area with some driving to partner locations in the vicinity
- Effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds (Bilingual- English/Spanish speaking preferred)
- Ability to pass fingerprint background screening through the Department of Justice, FBI and Child Abuse Index
- Skilled in the operation of relevant computer systems (Epic, electronic record keeping systems, adaptive apps for patients, etc.)
- High level of professionalism, ethical judgment, responsibility, and autonomous action
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and flexibility; ability to work with clinicians from other disciplines (child life specialists, chaplaincy etc.)
- Employees may be exposed to children and adults who may ask inappropriate personal questions, display socially unacceptable personal behaviors, insult your physical appearance, age, sex, and race, use profanity, sexually explicit phrases, exhibit defiance, dishonesty, threats, accusations, and theft, assaultive behaviors, and destructive behaviors
- Excited to work in a friendly environment with a team of professionals
- Able to meet vaccination requirements set by A Place To Be and the contract site.
- Attend occasional organization-wide work events that fall outside of regular work schedule.