Interested In Volunteering?
A Place To Be volunteers are a meaningful part of all that we do, joining our staff in offering a safe and welcoming place for all! You don’t have to be a musician, singer, or in the arts to be a great volunteer. In fact, most of our placements with clients entail joining along in the activity at hand or assisting a participant for them to join in. Other volunteer experiences include helping with events and shows, and supporting administrative tasks. For every volunteer placement we ask only that you bring positive energy, kindness, and open-minded, open-hearted enthusiasm!
Steps To Becoming A Volunteer
- Fill out the inquiry form below with your initial basic information
- Do a short pre-screen call to answer your questions and ensure that we are a fit for one another
- Post pre-screen, you fill out an application and must pass a background check (for those over 18)
- Take a few trainings we provide to prepare for your placement
- Receive your placement and schedule
- Get started!
Before You Apply, Check Out Some Important FAQ’s About APTB’s Volunteer Program:
- Is there a minimum or maximum age to volunteer?
- APTB accepts volunteers ages 16+
- Do I have to do a background check?
- Yes, if you are over 18, all volunteers must pass a background check
- Will I get to use my music or any other arts skills?
- In our client groups, you will assist staff with their activity and the more we know about your skills, the more possibilities there may be to incorporate them. Volunteers, generally however, are not set up to be the leaders, accompanists, or performers. Your goal is to support the clients and while that may involve using your artistic gifts, it also might not.
- Do I need to have artistic skills to volunteer here?
- Not at all! Though we are based in performance and the creative arts therapies, they are used as means to provide our clients and participants a sense of belonging, hope, connection, and expression. We guide you through everything you’ll need to know!
- Do I have to commit weekly?
- Not necessarily, we have a variety of placements, some include being in weekly client groups for which we prefer a greater commitment, and others are one-off events
- Can I do more than one volunteer placement at a time?
- If we have space, we’d love to have you more involved, but we try to open opportunities to as many people as possible, so it all depends on the availability